Belt Stitching and Finishing Hints
Belt Stitching Hints
1. Determine belt size: Measure old belt of person from outside edge of belt buckle to hole where belt is fastened.
2. Determine overall needlepoint length: subtract 4" from belt size.
3. Determine maximum design length: subtract 10" from belt size.
4. Center design (length of designs can be less than max. design length found in step 3.)
5. For any width belt, add 2 extra rows of background needlepoint along each edge. (These rows will be folded under when belt is mounted.)
6. Leave extra scrim (blank canvas) around all edges of needlepoint.
7. If you are creating your own design, the width of the belt (before you allow for #5 above) should be 1 1/8" to 1 1/4" wide.
Recommendation: Using a frame makes belt stitching so comfortable and mobile. They are small so you can work on them in a car or plane.
Belt Scroll Frame: ID#: 2669 Scroll Frame - 6" Belt.
Belt Finishing Options: (on Belt Finishing Form) Gold, silver or brass buckle; Leather choices: Black, Brown or Tan.
Belt Re-sizing: If you need to have your belt re-sized, just complete the belt finishing form and let me know the new size. The cost for re-sizing is about $85 plus shipping.
Belt Finishing Costs: To give you an estimate, finishing is about $115/belt and takes about 3-4 weeks.
Where to Mail Your Belt: You can mail your finished belt to me. Complete the information on the Belt Finishing Form and mail it with your belt.
Here's my address:
1037 W. Lake Valley Court
Hernando, FL 34442